Re: Antw: Re: device enumeration by systemd user instances

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 08:57:26AM +0200, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Nachricht <20190725154555.GA6487@xxxxxxxxx>:

> >> There are ~80 devices being enumerated and 1ms per device still seem a
> >> little too long. Note, that we are running this on arm architecture.
>
> I wonder: Doesn't that depend on the individual devices? I can
> remember that "Scanning the SCSI bus" in HP-UX had always been a
> matter of minutes...

This _after_ the devices are all found by the kernel, not before :)

And odds are, if this is a random ARM device, these are all platform
devices and there should not be any bus scannning time involved by the
kernel as all of the device information is available in the DT file
ahead of time.

thanks,

greg k-h