is fd = journal_fd() common across all daemons

Hello ,

My question is related to changing some flags on fd = journal_fd(), basically
I want to make this socket descriptor to get a flag for non-blocking.
As I am preparing a patch for this. I have generic query , is this common across all the daemons ?
Meaning setting a flag to fd will likely cause each daemon to take necessary
provisions like message drops etc ?
Looking at the code i could not get a clarity so I just wanted to ask.

--
Best Regards,
Vaibhav Dahiya