Disk Label Handling

Good morning list!

How is udev supposed to handle the creation of /dev/disk/by-label/ symlinks when there are more than one filesystems detected with the same label, such as DATA.

In the past I remember udev linking these subsequently detected filesystems as DATA_1, DATA_2, etc.  Yet with systemd’s udev implementation I do not observe that to be the case.

Is there some sort of setting to change or rule to modify to get that behavior?  Or is that now a more complicated problem than it used to be?

Kind Regards,

Kevin