Re: failing unmounts during reboot

Mantas Mikulėnas wrote:

I think that's a deliberate decision made in the
systemd-sysv-generator. Note how the generated .service files have
"KillMode=process" (and even "RemainAfterExit=yes"). The default for
native services is to kill the entire cgroup, and IIRC that even was
one of the main reasons for using cgroups.
Most likely it's there to retain compatibility with some of the
weirder init.d scripts – those which don't start any daemons; those
which start several; and so on and so on.

Thanks a lot! I found the service file in /run/systemd/generator.late.
Anyway, I cannot think of any init.d script where sub processes or
anything should be left running when the script is stopped, so
KillMode=process seems strange. Maybe Lennart knows why this decision
was taken.

But now that I found the service file, I created a drop-in
/etc/systemd/system/bla.service.d/kill.conf with

[Service]
KillMode=control-group

and now, after reloading everything, the sleep is killed.
So for all init.d scripts that I get from somewhere I've now
way to ensure that all their processes are cleaned up by a
simple drop-in.

This will likely solve most of my problems.

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction :-)

cu,
Frank

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner   Web:  http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/