Re: Antw: Re: suggestion: auto reload as the default to help packagers?

On Mon, 3 Jun 2019, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> > Nachricht <alpine.LFD.2.21.1905312123080.3180@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> >> I actually got it slightly wrong: %transfiletriggerin and
> >> %transfiletriggerun occur in the _middle_ of the transaction, in between
>
> That's not what source says:
>
> https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/blob/096ec07465f6d223a1e9d68b688889e2fab103f7/lib/transaction.c#L1660
>
> The sequence is
>
> %pretrans
> %transfiletriggerun
> actual transaction
> %posttrans
> %transfiletriggerpostun
> %transfiletriggerin
>
> Are you sure you do not mix up %transfiletrigger and %filetrigger?

Quite possible. I really wish the %_docdir/triggers shipped in RPM
was updated to describe file triggers properly.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure that the way systemd is using these things is
correct. I certainly have never seen any issues in services being
restarted with "old" unit configs.