Re: Antw: Re: Antw: Re: rdrand generated with march=winchip-c6 in systemd-241

Am 13.05.19 um 09:18 schrieb Ulrich Windl:
>>> I didn't see the start of this thread, but is it another attempt to
>> re-implement /proc/cpuinfo's flags?
>>
>> can you please stop all that trolling?
>
> Actually the number of unfriendly words from your side beat mine by an order of magnitude...

it's not about friendly, it's about provocations with little knowledge

>> cpuid has *nothing* to do with /proc/cpuinfo
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPUID
>> The CPUID instruction (identified by a CPUID opcode) is a processor
>> supplementary instruction
>
> Isn't it about to check a CPU's feature depending on the CPU model?
yes, but you confuse cause and effect, guess from where the kernel
output is coming and what you see in /proc/cpuid is just a tiny part of
it, just look at the output of the "cpuid" command and compare it with
/proc/cpuinfo

nobody in binary software digs around in /proc when there are *OPCODES*
/proc/cpuid is for you shell scripts

why didn't you just read and trying to understand
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPUID