Re: unable to fully halt system

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 11:02 PM Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, May 2, 2019, 04:19 Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings,

I'm hitting an issue and I'm not quite sure the best place to debug it.

I've got a fresh install of Debian Buster, systemd 241-3.

and when I run "sudo halt", I'm expecting the system to power off, but it hangs at:

[ OK ] Reached target Final Step.
       Starting Halt...
[...] Failed to remount '/' read-only: Device or resource busy

and the system just hangs there. The root filesystem is btrfs.

Any ideas how best to get the system to power off the whole way?

Use `sudo poweroff` instead. Running `halt` will indeed only halt the system.

Thanks for the help, Dave and Mantas. It is appreciated.

-m