Re: udev_device_get_driver implementation

Forgot to hit "reply all"

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 9:52 AM Sayeed hyder <csayeedh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Greg,

Sure, this is what I get if I use the syspath from udev_device_get_syspath. As you can see, it is showing a symlink to a device, and there is no driver. If it helps, it is a DAX mounted persistent memory device.

image.png

Thanks,

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 9:38 AM Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 08:38:02AM -0700, Sayeed hyder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking at the udev_device_get_driver implementation. It first gets
> the sys path and then appends "driver", and calls readlink to get the
> driver information. Does it work for all cases? While working on a project,
> I found that following the sys path, there is no "driver", but it should be
> "device/driver" i.e. if I append "device/driver" instead of "driver" only,
> I can use readlink to get the driver information.

What in-kernel driver causes an odd sysfs tree like this?  Can you show
me the full path of it?

thanks,

greg k-h