Re: Shared limit for different cgroups

On Mi, 06.03.19 14:32, Frank Steiner (fsteiner-mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to impose a general memory maximum limit to all processes
> started by our users. These include everything started interactively
> from the shell, but also cgis from apache and jobs started in grid.
> The limit should not hold for each user, but it should be an overall
> limit for all users together.
>
> I know how to set an overall limit for all user jobs started interactively
> using the user.slice, but apache/grid jobs don't appear in the user
> slice but in the apache/grid cgroup.
>
> Is there a way to either
> a) impose one shared limit for user.slice, apache.service and grid.service
> or
> b) automatically put oder move user proceses started from apache or
>    grid into the user slice? Or move the whole apache/grid cgroup
>    into the user slice?

So the intention was to ultimately allow per-user configuration of
slices, so that you can move user sessions in one go to a specific
slice. But this so far didn't materialize.

You can do theopposite however, just use Slice= in your services to
assign arbitrary system services to user.slice.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat