OnCalendar timer starts before the scheduled date has passed

Hi systemd team,

I'm having some trouble understanding the behavior of a systemd timer I've set up in systemd version 219. I have a task that I want to run once per week on Sundays at 3:00am UTC. However, as soon as I do `systemctl start my_timer.timer`, the task starts no matter what time it is. This is a problem for me, because that means that my timer starts every single time I recreate my server's virtual machine. After the initial erroneously scheduled job has completed successfully, the timer starts behaving correctly and runs on Sundays at 3:00am UTC.

Here is how I've set up my timers. This is an excerpt from the script I use to bootstrap my VMs:

# Schedule weekly ingest of new data
cat << EOF > /etc/systemd/system/ingest_upstream.service
[Unit]
Description=Load and index image data from upstream.
[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/bin/curl -XPOST localhost:8001/task -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"model": "image", "action": "INGEST_UPSTREAM"}'
EOF

cat << EOF > /etc/systemd/system/ingest_upstream.timer
[Unit]
Description=Ingest data from upstream every Sunday at 8:00am EST (3:00am UTC).
Requires=ingest_upstream.service

[Timer]
_OnCalendar_=Sun *-*-* 3:00:00
Unit=ingest_upstream.service

[Install]
WantedBy=timers.target
EOF
systemctl start ingest_upstream.timer

After `systemctl start`, shouldn't it wait until the next OnCalendar interval has passed, particularly since `Persistent=...` is not set?

Thanks,
Alden