Missing PropertiesChanged signal for service start

Hi,

I have a service file as follows:
[Unit]
Description= "Daemon description"
After=a.service b.service c.service
_OnFailure_=failure_handler@%p.service

[Service]
WorkingDirectory=/usr/sbin
ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 30
ExecStart=<path-to-binary>

When this service starts I expected a signal indicating state=active. When I reboot the system multiple times, the signal indicating "active" is missing some times.
I got the signal ActiveState=activating, SubState=start-pre at all times. But signal indicating ActiveState="active" and SubState="running" was missing for some reboots.
The service is running and shows active state all the time. What is reason for missing signal? I am also checking if the sleep in the ExecStartPre is required for this
service. I am wondering if that has something to do with the missing signal.

Thanks
Ashitha