Re: Starting services enabled by filesystem overlay over /etc/

On So, 10.02.19 17:28, Mantas Mikulėnas (grawity@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 10:07 AM Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > 09.02.2019 21:45, Matt Schuckmann пишет:
> > >
> > > What do I need to do to get systemd to automatically start the services
> > that are marked enabled in that overlay?
> > >

> > I am not aware of any clean way to do it. Attempting to re-queue start
> > of default.target will likely be noop as this request is already queued.
> >
> > The only workaround I can think of is to make initial boot into target
> > that mounts overlay and then triggers start of actual default target.
> >

> In other words, do it from an initramfs.

Yes, this is the way to go.

In context of this: we hopefully will merge this soon:

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/11243

If it is merged systemd can set up the overlayfs for the root fs
automatically for you in the initrd, without any manual scripting.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat