Re: LibUdev: serial not displayed properly for scsi devices

On Do, 07.02.19 14:39, Sven Wiltink (swiltink@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> We've been running into the issue where lblk -O outputs the wwn
> instead of the serial for scsi devices. After some debugging I've
> come to the conclusing that /lib/udev/scsi_id is the underlying
> cause. It outputs the wwn of a disk in the ID_SERIAL_SHORT field,
> but does also export the actual serial in a separate field
> (ID_SCSI_SERIAL).

Please report bugs as bugs. Also, always specify which version of udev
you are using. If it's one of the two newest upstream versions, please
report to our github. if not, please report to your distributions
downstream bugtracker. Thank you.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat