Re: systemctl condreload - Is it a thing?

On 1/30/19 10:19 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
The official name for "condreload" is "try-reload-or-restart". The
"condreload" name is supported still to make things easier for compat
cases, but I'd recommend not using it anymore. It's unlikely to go
away anytime soon though.

Makes sense.  (I suspected that might be the case, but I was thrown off
by the "or-restart" part.)

Generally, in systemd when we want to de-emphasize something redundant
or deprecated stuff we stop documenting it while still supporting it,
so that people stop using it slowly.

Well, that's one way to increase mailing list traffic.  ;-)

Thanks!