Re: systemctl condreload - Is it a thing?

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 6:07 PM Ian Pilcher <arequipeno@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
$SUBJECT pretty much says it all.  It seems to work, but I can't find
any mention of it in the documentation or with my Google searches.

Is it deprecated and going away?

It's an old "compatibility alias" added in ~v20. (Apparently, ALT Linux wanted to just do a straightforward "service O V" → "systemctl V O" substitution or something like that.)

I don't know if it'll be removed or not, but as is the general rule with everything not in official documentation, I would say _don't rely_ on its existence (unless it was specifically added for your use case).

--
Mantas Mikulėnas