Re: systemd-nspawn: access to disk devices does not work on centos 7/systemd 219

Il 16/01/19 19:24, Lennart Poettering ha scritto:

Well, this command will make the sd devices readable inside the container on
centos 7 too

echo 'b 8:* rw' > /sys/fs/cgroup/devices/machine.slice/machine-bionic\\x2druntime.scope/devices.allow

now I'll will search how to pass to systemd-nspawn using a command line
argument
Use --property=DeviceAllow=…

thanks but this does not seems available in systemd 219, the version shipped with centos 7, it fails with unrecognized option error.

Newer systemd versions work out of the box probably because they have DevicePolicy=auto as default,

so basically I ended up writing a systemd-nspawn wrapper that, launched from a systemd service, wait for /sys/fs/cgroup/devices/machine.slice/machine-<name>.scope to appear and then it sets the required permissions in devices.allow.

If I use the reboot command inside the container then the cgroup dir is recreated and the permissions are lost since my wrapper is not called

luckily I can control the container and so I changed the reboot command so it shutdowns the container instead and I set Restart=always in the systemd service so the container is restarted automatically after the shutdown,

so the only way to shutdown the container is using systemctl stop <my service> but this is better than nothing,

Nicola

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat