Re: Requires and After

On 02/01/2019 10:08, Michael Chapman wrote:

Requires = Wants + Requisite + PartOf

is that correct ?
I think it's just:

  Requires = Wants + PartOf

Wants= propagates "start" and "restart" jobs as "start" jobs on the other
unit.

ConsistsOf= (the inverse of PartOf=) propagates "stop" and "restart" jobs
as "stop" and "try-restart" jobs respectively on the other unit.

So Wants= configures activation dependencies in one direction, and
PartOf= configures deactivation dependencies in the other direction.

(I'm taking this from transaction_add_job_and_dependencies in
src/core/transaction.c, if anybody wants to check my working.)
So...

Requires = Wants + PartOf
Requires + After = Wants  + PartOf + Requisite + After

better ?
My goal is to try to clarify that in the documentation at some point...

--
SMILE

20 rue des Jardins
92600 Asnières-sur-Seine

Jérémy ROSEN
Architecte technique
Responsable de l'expertise Smile-ECS

Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Github

Découvrez l’univers Smile, rendez-vous sur
                smile.eu

eco Pour la planète, n'imprimez ce mail que si c'est nécessaire