Re: systemd-timedated doesn't return available time zones

On Di, 20.11.18 12:50, Christopher Wong (christopher.wong@xxxxxxxx) wrote:

> ?Hi guys,
>

> We plan to place an abstraction service over systemd-timedated and
> we would like to retrieve available time zones. The timedatectl
> retrieves the list of time zones by itself, but why isn't this
> functionality available in systemd-timedated?

We could certainly make this available. So far there was no real
reason to, the client could just check /usr/share directly...

That said, if the list grows too large we might run into dbus' message
size limits. But would be happy to review a patch if it works.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat