Re: How safe are D and R directives for systemd-tmpfiles?

On Di, 16.10.18 18:14, Amish (anon.amish@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Does systemd have a way of specifying that R and D should be applicable only
for /tmp or /var/{cache,run,tmp} only?
When you invoke the systemd-tmpfiles binary you could specify
--prefix= to drop it's effect on non-listed prefixes.

Ah! Thank you. I overlooked this.

But is there a config file where this can be mentioned? (separate prefix for create and remove)

OR can the default unit file be changed?
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/units/systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service.in

to:

[Service]
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes
EnvironmentFile=/etc/systemd/systemd-tmpfiles.env
ExecStart=@rootbindir@/systemd-tmpfiles --create --boot --exclude-prefix=/dev $CREATEPREFIX ExecStart=@rootbindir@/systemd-tmpfiles --remove --boot --exclude-prefix=/dev $REMOVEPREFIX
SuccessExitStatus=65 73

I know I can setup an override file but just curious if above (or similar) should be default.

Generally though: the directories where systemd-tmpfiles reads its
configuration from are owned by root and not writable by unprivileged
users. Moreover, the snippets are nothing you sloppily enter on the
command line, it's not a user-facing concept. Hence there's much less
chance to be misused on purpose or by accident.

I know but just wanted to be extra-safe.

And thank you for the prompt reply,

Amish.