Debugging "A stop job is running" shutdown messages

When I power off my laptop, I often (but not always) have a long shutdown process. When this happens, the console says "A stop job is running for User Manager for UID 1000" with a 1m59s timeout, and I have to wait for that timeout before my computer shuts down. How can I debug which service is causing this issue?

--
Evan Klitzke                      pgp: 0x157EFCACBC648422
e: evan@xxxxxxxxxxxx              w: https://eklitzke.org