Re: Intermittent failure of user@<uid>.service

On Fr, 10.08.18 20:58, Johannes Ernst (johannes.ernst@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> This is Arch. I boot the system, and ssh in as user “shepherd”. Something goes wrong, but from the log (below) I cannot tell what it is. I do get a shell and everything seems to work fine. If I terminate ssh and re-log in, everything is fine.
>
> This happens often enough I’m wondering … ideas?
>
> Cheers,
>

> Johannes.
>
> Aug 11 03:52:38 ubosbox systemd[1266]: Failed to fully start up daemon: Permission denied

This one is the interesting log line. It suggests some permission
problem. Consider Doing "systemctl edit user@.service", then adding
the following two lines into the editor that opens:

[Service]
Environment=SYSTEMD_LOG_LEVEL=debug

Then, log out fully and back in. This will turn on debug logging for
the systemd user instance, which hopefully lets you know more. if that
doesn't help either, try stracing.

After you are done, use "systemctl revert user@.service" to drop the
snippet that sets the env var above.

Lennart