Re: How to forward logs journald-remote to local rsyslog? Is exist this functionality?

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 8:41 PM Vitaliy Tolyupa <vetalvv@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Guys!

I have following congiguration: 1. server with journald and journald-upload (client server) 2. Central log server with journald and journald-remote and rsyslog.

I configured sending logs from journald-upload to journald-remote (This is my central log server).

Next, I need to forward logs from central log server to Logstash. Because of logstash-input-journald has some issues, I wanna use rsyslog as a transport between journald-remote server and logstash.

Sending logs from journald to rsyslog on the local server works fine. But I don't understand why logs from journald-upload to central server doesn't send to rsyslog on the remote server. On the central server, localy sending logs from jornald ro rsyslog work fine.

Because journald-remote doesn't generate log events in the usual way; it directly builds a *.journal file on disk.

How to send logs, accepted from journald-upload to rsyslog on the central server?

Take a look at rsyslogd's "imjournal" module, which can read systemd's *.journal files.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas