Best way to run upstream systemd

The fastest any distro is going to get systemd would probably be from a
bleeding-edge distro (e.g. Fedora Rawhide). If you don't want you system to
be a disaster zone, though, Arch got systemd 237 just two weeks after release.

Fedora will push systemd releases with their new versions, which come out
every six months, and I believe non-LTS Ubuntu distros are probably the same.

Anything LTS though (like Ubuntu LTS, Debian, or your own CentOS) is going
to be the absolute *worst* for getting pretty much anything new...