How to profile units with perf? (was: logind: How to process enumerate buttons in parallel?)

Dear systemd folks,

On 07/16/18 11:26, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Mo, 16.07.18 10:25, Paul Menzel wrote:

[â?¦]

>> Do you have suggestions how to do that with systemd-logind?
>
> People tend to use "perf" for things like this these days.

Thank you, thatâ??s what I wanted to use, but I am not really sure how
to do it with systemd units?

I failed by adapting the systemd-logind Exec line, as the permissions
for the perf counters(?) are not there.

Then I tried to add a perf service unit doing

    /usr/sbin/perf_4.17 record -o /dev/shm/perf.data sleep 10

and order it before sysinit.target but that did not contain anything
useful.

Kind regads,

Paul