systemd-sysusers

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 6:33 AM Roman Mingazeev <direnol at yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hello, can you help?
> 1) Is there any possibility to implement to add and remove users/groups
> via systemd-sysusers ?

Addition is already implemented (I mean, that's the whole point)... removal
*probably* won't be, as it could very easily lead to UID collisions (e.g.
you remove an account which had UID 994, and then a week later you add a
different account with UID 994).

Note that sysusers is meant for *system* accounts (daemons, services, etc.)
â?? not for human accounts.

> 2) And where is systemd-sysusers.service? (Or why it is in man)

It's in the same place as other default services. Try `systemctl cat` or
`systemctl status` and it'll show the path. (Assuming your distro hasn't
removed the service entirely, that is...)

> 3) Can I sync uid:gid on different machines

For human accounts? In general, the service isn't meant for that. Deploying
a sysusers config with static UIDs to all your machines would work, but I'd
say it's overkill â?? after all, you could just use the same configuration
deploy mechanism to add accounts directly. Most sites use LDAP or NIS for
that purpose.

--
Mantas MikulÄ?nas