How to set `InitRDTimestampMonotonic` from console?

Hi,

On 4 July 2018 at 10:22, Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Mi, 04.07.18 07:24, Paul Menzel (pmenzel+systemd-devel at molgen.mpg.de) wrote:
>
>> Dear systemd folks,
>>

>> Debian uses a shell script as `/init` in initrd, and I like to extend that,
>> to set the time stamps for the initrd execution.
>
> This is part of the data that is serialized during the transition from
> the systemd instance in the initrd to the systemd instance on the
> host. The serialization is internal to systemd, and this is unlikely
> to change, as it contains numerous bits of information that are
> fragile and sensitive as the serialization really contains the full
> service manager state with all its units and so on.
>
>> Is it possible to set that value from a shell script? If yes, could you
>> please tell me how?
>
> It's not, and quite frankly I am not enthusiastic about the idea to
> make this configurable...

At one point, I was considering to serialize just enough data to add
these in the initramfs-tools (and/or systemd) as Debian specific
patches to start supporting these measurements.
And have a distro patch in systemd to read these measurements from a
separately serialized file on boot-up.

Also, there are bootloader measurements, that I think we do not
receive either from grub.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.