systemd-nspawn: where is my container root?

Hi,

I have just started using machinectl and systemd-nspawn and like it a
lot. However, there is one thing that I could not figure out from the
documentation and not knowing it makes me feel uncomfortable: where
exactly is the root filesystem for the container mounted, and how can I
access it from the host?

I have downloaded a .qcow2 image with machinectl fetch-raw. Since the
manpage encouraged it, I also put /var/lib/machines on a btrfs
filesystem. However, even when I am logged into the container, the only
entries in there are two .raw files. "mount" also does not show me any
new mountpoints.

Where and how is the root filesystem mounted, and how can I access it
*from the host*? I would have expected to see a new mountpoint, or a new
btrfs subvolume..

Thanks!
-Nikolaus

--
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F