dhcpd fails to negotiate with Cox Cable

See Subject.

I can grab dumps of both windows and linux attempting to negotiate...

I can probably catch when the IP lease expires (or connection resets?) and
the request is done again.

>From what I can tell 1) when the modme is booting it will grant like a 60
second lease on 192.168.100.11(something)  which can connect to the modem
directly...
then that expires and another is requests a new one, which it gets from a
10.something address , and is fom there given the real IP; but this last
step seems to be ignored; and/or timing sensitive that if the response to
10. isn't soon enough, it fails to send another redirect sort of response...

I've attempted to use DHCP options to make the packets match as much as
possible, but some flags I don't have control of ( Although ATM I don't
recall those).

The last few days it's disconnected at least once per day.  I have a
workaround. I put the router's mac on a window device, renew there, and
then re-plug the cable; which that last negotitation must work since on
disconnect it loses all addresses(?)