logging to a fifo pipe

Hi,

I need to log to the journal with custom tags from a service that only
supports logging to syslog without any customization or logging to a
file. I cannot use /dev/stderr as the logging is done from a child
process that the main service process starts with /dev/stderr
redirected. I worked around that by having a named pipe connected to
the logger utility. But that required an extra two units (one for the
socket with the named pipe and another for the logger process) and an
extra process.

Is there any better way to do that?

Regards, Igor