character limit by using "/run/systemd/journal/syslog"

On Mi, 18.04.18 16:12, Stanislav Kopp (staskopp at gmail.com) wrote:

> HI all,
>
> I'm not sure if it's systemd/journald issue, but maybe you can help
> me. We're logging apache error logs with "logger" so we can write them
> to specific file using rsyslog, if I run "logger" without any options
> - all are duplicated in journald and I can see them in "journalctl"
> overview what is no needed, I can tell "logger" to write to
> "/run/systemd/journal/syslog" directly and then I don't see them in
> journalctl but the logs are trimmed (about 437 characters what is
> strange number). So I don't understand if it's a  "logger" bug or
> somehow related to journald or even rsyslog.

This way you bypass systemd-journald entirely, and any such line
breaks are between logger and rsyslog. This also means we can't really
help you with this. Please ping the util-linux and rsyslog folks about
this. Thanks.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat