how to login into a container booting with a minimal 'debian distro unstable' via nspawn

Hi Florian,

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 9:36 AM, Florian Held <floriheld at googlemail.com> wrote:
> how is it possible to log in into a container booting a minimal unstable
> debian distro via nspawn. After running:
>
> # debootstrap --arch=amd64 unstable ~/debian-tree/
> # systemd-nspawn -bD ~/debian-tree/
>
> prompts username followed by password. The combination
>
> "root"
> ""
>
> without quotes doesn't work. How can I login?

You can enter the container and just run a root shell on it with this command:

  # systemd-nspawn -D ~/debian-tree/ /bin/sh

(That's equivalent of single-user mode or a rescue shell on a machine.)

At that step, you can change the root password:

  # passwd root
  <enter new password>

At that point, boot the container again (with "-b") and you should be
able to log in.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Filipe