Filtering logs of a single execution of a (transient) service

Thanks for your reply!

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 1:17 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> What you are looking for is the "invocation ID". It's a 128bit random
> UUID unique for each invocation cycle of a service (i.e it's generated
> fresh whenever a unit enters the STARTING phase). It's included in the
> service's env block (as well as the keyring and attached to its
> cgroup). The journal will also attach it to every log message of the
> service.

Very nice. Unfortunately only added on v232 and I still need to
support Ubuntu 16.04 which ships v229...

> systemd-run currently doesn't show you the invocation ID however, but
> I figure this is something we should really fix.

I can look into pushing a PR for that...

> You can also use "-p LogExtraFields=QUUX=miep" to attach arbitrary
> additional journal fields to all log messages of the service you run
> that way.

Very nice too... But again introduced in v236.

So looks like back on this old version there's not much I can do... Oh well.

Thanks!
Filipe