Idea: adding WantsFileBefore= and WantsFileAfter=?

Hello!!

Recently, I was trying to help out someone on IRC move some sysvinit
scripts over to systemd units, and there was one interesting issue that
came up. Many older daemons will create sockets at some unspecified point
in their startup sequence, with no indication of when this occurs. In this
case, it was a bit after the pid file, so systemd started running units
that required this socket ready before it was actually ready.

Using socket activation here would be great, but again, this is an older
daemon, and AFAIK socket activation *always* requires a deamon to read the
socket path over stdin.

Here's my idea: what if there were WantsFileBefore= and WantsFileAfter=
options, that could be used like this:

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/bin/my-service
WantsFileBefore=this-file-should-be-existant-before-running-service
WantsFileAfter=systemd-should-wait-until-this-file-exists-before-continuing

In short, WantsFileBefore=file would be roughly equivalent to
ExecPreStart=wait-for-file file, and WantsFileAfter=file would be roughly
equivalent to ExecPostStart=wait-for-file file. Of course, now there would
be no need to useless shell commands.

Thoughts?

--
Ryan (����)
Yoko Shimomura, ryo (supercell/EGOIST), Hiroyuki Sawano >> everyone else