Starting a service at shutdown time, with requirements

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018, at 3:25 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Di, 20.03.18 15:09, Colin Walters (walters at verbum.org) wrote:
>
> > Another way I've thought about handling this is to basically invert things so that
> > we have a "stub" unit that starts on bootup, and its ExecStop does
> > the real work:
>
> This is the correct and recommended way to do this.

Thanks!

> I think it's relatively pretty, as it means you have to "start"
> something explicitly so that it can run code at shutdown. I'd claim
> this is a semantical benefit, not a malus.

Right.  It does make sense also to me that basically we want to
"hold a reference" to any resources required (in this case the /sysroot mount).

But so `halt-local.service` is just busted?  I guess no one really cares
that much about it today, I may see though about submitting a PR to add
a warning not to use it as a model.