ShutdownWatchdogSec does not work as described

I see another issue also wrt hardware watchdog
reboot-force seem to be overwriting the hardware watchdog timeout value.

I have changed  reboot.target to make JobTimeoutSec=5sec
when system boots up i see that hardware watchdog is set to 1 min 4 sec.
but when 'systemctl reboot' timesout , reboot-force is invoked and that is
overwriting the
hardware watchdog timeout value to 4 min.
Is this a bug or I am missing some config?

Thanks

# grep -i hardware  /var/tmp/j12_systemctl_reboot_jobtimeout5sec_1

Mar 18 23:42:11 re1 systemd[1]: Hardware watchdog 'iTCO_wdt', version 0
Mar 18 23:42:11 re1 systemd[1]: Set hardware watchdog to 1min 4s.
Mar 18 23:42:32 re1 systemd[1]: Set hardware watchdog to 4min.

+++++++

root at bng-evo-ptx5k-c-re1:~# cat   /lib/systemd/system/reboot.target
#  This file is part of systemd.
#
#  systemd is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
#  under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
#  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or
#  (at your option) any later version.

[Unit]
Description=Reboot
Documentation=man:systemd.special(7)