NOTTINGHAM TO RESIGN MARCH 18

-----------------------------***-----------------------------
>From the Surface Transportation Board, Washington, D.C.
-----------------------------***-----------------------------

Surface Transportation Board Vice Chairman Charles D. Nottingham announced
today he will resign March 18, or sooner if his replacement is confirmed by
the U.S. Senate.

                Nottingham, the lone Republican on the three-member Board,
                was appointed Chairman by President George W. Bush and
                joined the Board in August 2006 following his Senate
                confirmation. He served as STB Chairman until March 12,
                2009.

                 âI am deeply honored and grateful to have been appointed
                by President Bush and to have served in his
                administration,â Nottingham said. âIt has also been an
                honor to serve in President Obamaâs administration.  I owe
                a debt of gratitude to my colleagues on the Board, Chairman
                Dan Elliott and Commissioner Frank Mulvey, as well as to
                the Boardâs exemplary career staff.  Working together in a
                bipartisan manner, I believe that we achieved outstanding
                results overseeing the freight railroad industry and the
                other transportation industry sectors under our
                jurisdiction.â

                In October 2010 Nottingham announced that he would not seek
                a second term on the Board when his current term expired at
                the end of 2010. In an effort to facilitate an orderly
                transition and in order to participate in the resolution of
                several significant pending proceedings, Nottingham has
                continued his tenure at the Board into 2011 â consistent
                with the Boardâs governing statute which permits a Board
                member to continue serving for up to one year after the end
                of his or her term, until a successor is named and
                confirmed.

                 âIt was a pleasure working with Chip and I appreciate
                everything he has done for both me and the Board,ââ said
                STB Chairman Daniel R. Elliott III. âWe all wish him the
                best.â

                STB Commissioner Francis P. Mulvey said: âIt has been my
                great pleasure to work for the past five years with Chip
                Nottingham. He brought to the Board knowledge of the
                transportation industries, which he did nothing but expand
                through his dedicated effort and attention to detail. These
                characteristics were readily demonstrated at STB hearings
                and oral arguments where his questioning of witnesses
                always testified to his thoughtful presentation.  I will
                miss him greatly as a colleague and as a friend.  I wish
                him all the best in his new pursuits.â