Statement of Surface Transportation Board Chairman Roger Nober Concerning Federal Railroad Administrator Allan Rutter

-----------------------------***-----------------------------
>From the Surface Transportation Board, Washington, D.C.
-----------------------------***-----------------------------

Surface Transportation Board Chairman Roger Nober today issued the
following statement concerning Federal Railroad Administrator Allan
Rutter's departure from the U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal
Railroad Administration:

"I want to congratulate Administrator Rutter on his new position, which
will permit him and his family to return to their native Texas.  I am
pleased that, since I have become Chairman here at the STB, our two
agencies have worked together in many new and innovative ways to the
benefit of the freight rail industry and its workers, its customers and the
public.   Allan has been both a colleague and friend for the past three
years, and I wish him well in his new endeavor."

###