Re: New USB ID 2001:3c25

On 06/03/2015 12:50 PM, Scott Branden wrote:
Hi Larry,

There is no problem applying this patch to the stable tree.
I didn't know it was my responsibility to inform the stable mailing list every time a patch is accepted
in the latest kernel that could be applied to the stable tree?

It is not necessary; however, it is best if it gets called to their attention. I'm not sure if my E-mail was the reason, but your patch was applied to several of the stable versions this morning. The rest will probably follow soon.

The easy way to do this is to add "Cc: Stable <stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" to the original patch at submission. That way, stable gets the message as soon as it goes into mainline.

Thanks,

Larry