Re: Missing -stable review patch mails

On Sun, 2015-05-03 at 11:03 +0200, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Sun, May 03, 2015 at 10:36:52AM +0200, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> > Hi Greg,
> >
> > it seems several mails containing individual patches for -stable
> > review did not get through. About the current round, the following
> > mails are missing:
[...]
> This is a known issue of git and vger.kernel.org not liking to agree on
> how to properly encode some utf-8 emails.  vger rejects them because
> they are not formatted "properly", yet I don't know what to do with git
> to make that work "properly".  It's been this way for a few years now,
> and after trying to fix it once a while ago, I gave up as I didn't have
> enough time to look into it...

I used the Perl MIME modules for this; see
<https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/bwh/linux-3.2.y-queue.git/tree/scripts/review>.

It would be great if all the stable maintainers could share a common set
of scripts and benefit from each others' improvements.  I took you
scripts as a starting point, but they had many dependencies on your
environment and other scripts (not all of which I could find).  Mine are
a little more reusable but still have too many specifics in the code
rather than as configuration and I never implemented added/failed
notifications.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
If you seem to know what you are doing, you'll be given more to do.