Re: [REGRESSION] "of: Fix premature bootconsole disable with 'stdout-path'" breaks console on tty0

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:46 AM, Peter Hurley <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 03/16/2015 08:35 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>> Peter Hurley <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> It doesn't boot?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> Ok, thanks for the report.
>
> Can you attach
> 1) your .dts

Note that this is a PowerMac, so there's no DTS, only a real DT passed by
the Firmware.

> Do you have a serial console hooked up?

Most probably, the chosen/stdout-path is provided automatically by the
firmware, even if no serial console is present. Andreas, is that correct?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds