RE: RTL8852BE wifi no longer working after 6.11 upgrade

First of all, thank you so much for your time and work!

I hope i don't cause any confusion and this question may be based on my lack of  understanding the patch, i almost don't dare to ask, but does this quirk only gets into affect, when someone uses the same mainboard i use? Is this an rather rare case that probably won't effect other people?

I can't judge that so please don't get me wrong, but i feel a bit uneasy about this. I assume that most fist time Linux users that have similar (but not the same) platform, where this quirk will not get applied and they end up with non-working wifi, just notice that wifi doesn't work and give up on Linux and remember it as "My Wifi even didn't work there".

As a long time Gentoo user, i have the capability to build my own kernel and provide feedback that can help fix this issue, but i assume most users don't. I would assume an Ubuntu users will just remove the Ubuntu partition and calls it a day continuing using Windows. I am a bit worried and wonder, if there maybe a way to fix that, that is independent on my specific hardware/mainboard.

Of course, feel free to correct me if i am getting something wrong here, im neither an Kernel nor C expert and thank you for your time again.

"Ping-Ke Shih" pkshih@xxxxxxxxxxx – 2024年9月18日 18:00