Re: Candidates for stable v6.9..v6.10-rc1 Deadlock

On Mon, Jun 03, 2024 at 04:48:56PM -0400, Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:
> These commits reference Deadlock between v6.9 and v6.10-rc1
>
> These commits are not, yet, in stable/linux-rolling-stable.
> Let me know if you would rather me compare to a different repo/branch.
> The list has been manually pruned to only contain commits that look like
> actual issues.
> If they contain a Fixes line it has been verified that at least one of the
> commits that the Fixes tag(s) reference is in stable/linux-rolling-stable
>

> 56c35f43eef013579c76
> eec7620800081e27dbf8
> 4268254a39484fc11ba9
> 0a46ef234756dca04623
> ecf0b2b8a37c84641866
> e03a5d3e95f22d15d8df
> 4d3421e04c5dc38baf15
> 9cc6290991e6cfc9a644
> 77e619a82fc384ae3d1d

I just grabbed one of these at random, and this commit message says:
	This patch brings no functional change.

and in reading it, it's just a "let's quiet the tools for now, but
really, all is good".  So that's not something we should be applying,
right?

thanks,

greg k-h