Re: filtering stable patches in lore queries

Konstantin Ryabitsev <mricon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, May 08, 2024 at 11:33:14AM GMT, Eric Wong wrote:
> > https://public-inbox.org/meta/20240508110957.3108196-1-e@xxxxxxxxx/

> > Yeah, though there's 3 ways of indexing strings, currently :x
> > I've decided to keep some options open and support boolean_term,
> > text, and phrase for now.
>
> What's the difference between "text" and "phrase"?

text is like indexlevel=medium (case-insensitive and sortable
by relevance), while phrase is like indexlevel=full so
adds positions to allow searching phrases via "double quotesk

(also documented in the proposed public-inbox-config.pod change,
not sure how clear it was for non-Xapian-internals-aware
folks...)

> > boolean_term is the cheapest and probably best for exactly
> > matching labels/enums and such.
>
> So, this is for "X-Ignore-Me: Yes" type of headers?

Yes.  Though I just remembered it's case-sensitive (same
treatment as Message-ID with "m:"), so I guess that needs to be
documented.