Re: Excessive memory usage when infiniband config is enabled

Hello Leon,

I feel that it's a bug because I don't understand why is this module/option allocating 6GB of RAM without any explicit configuration or usage from us. It's also worth mentioning that we are using the default linux-image from Debian bookworm, and it took us a long time to understand the reason behind this memory increase by bisecting the kernel's config file. Moreover the documentation of the module doesn't mention anything regarding additional memory usage, we're talking about an increase of 6Gb which is huge since we're not using the option. So is that an expected behavior, to have this much increase in the memory consumption, when activating the RDMA option even if we're not using it ? If that's the case, perhaps it would be good to mention this in the documentation.

Thank you