Re: [Request] backport a mainline patch to Linux kernel-5.10 stable tree

On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 06:45:19AM +0000, Bo Ye (叶波) wrote:
> Dear Reviewers,
>
> we suggest to backport a commit to Linux kernel-5.10 stable tree to fix thermal bug. Thanks a lot
>
> source patch:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/thermal/thermal_core.c?h=v6.8&id=4e814173a8c4f432fd068b1c796f0416328c9d99
> thermal: core: Fix thermal zone suspend-resume synchronization
> There are 3 synchronization issues with thermal zone suspend-resume
> during system-wide transitions:

Please provide a working backport of this commit to the 5.10 and newer
kernels and we will be glad to review it for inclusion.  Please note
that we can not take a change for only an older kernel and not a newer
one, otherwise you would have a regression when moving to a new release.

thanks,

greg k-h