Re: 3.10-stable net updates question

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 12:15:54PM -0600, Josh Hunt wrote:
> Greg
>
> I came across this thread the other day from Dave Miller talking about his
> updates to stable kernels:
>
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-ethernet-bridging/msg05680.html
>
> It appears that he is no longer sending stable updates to 3.10. I was
> wondering if there is another plan in place to continue getting stable
> updates for net into 3.10?
>
> If not, would it be acceptable for someone else to step in and take over
> pushing 3.10 net stable patches to you for the life of 3.10 (until Sept
> 2015)?

Sure, I'd love to have someone else bundle up and test networking
patches for 3.10.  I have been taking the patches that Dave sends and
seeing if they also apply to 3.10, and making them fit if needed, so you
all haven't been "left with no networking fixes" at all.

Is what I've been doing so far insufficent?  Have I missed anything I
should have applied and I didn't?

thanks,

greg k-h