Re: Regression in kernel 6.8.2 fails in various ways (USB, BT, ...)

On 02.04.24 12:55, Norbert Preining wrote:

> I am running Arch Linux on a Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 10.
> Tests are made with uptodate system, and besides the kernel no
> difference.
> The kernels are as distributed by Arch, but if necessary I can compile
> locally.

Thx for your reports. Nitpicking: next time, please report each issue in
separate mails, as mentioned by
https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-issues.html

 > Arch Linux kernel 6.8.1 works without any problems.
> Upgrading to 6.8.2 breaks a lot of things:
>
> * Plugging in my Yubikey C does not trigger any reaction
>   (as a consequence scdaemon hangs)

Have not heard about a problem like this yet.

Could you bisect?
https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/verify-bugs-and-bisect-regressions.html

> * sending of bluetooth firmware data fails with Oops (see below)

A changes that hopefully fixes this is in 6.8.3-rc1:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/bf267566-c18c-4ad9-9263-8642ecfdef1f@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/
But from other reports there might be more problems. Could you check?

> * shutdown hangs and does not turn off the computer

That might or might not be a follow-up problem due to one of the other
two problems. :-/

Ciao, Thorsten