Re: [Regression] 6.8 - i2c_hid_acpi: probe of i2c-XXX0001:00 failed with error -110

On 01.04.24 12:09, Philip Müller wrote:
> On 01/04/2024 13:43, Philip Müller wrote:
>> On 01/04/2024 13:20, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:
>>> TWIMC: Kenny Levinsen (now CCed) posted a patch to fix problems
>>> introduced by af93a167eda9:
>>> https://lore.kernel.org/all/20240331182440.14477-1-kl@xxxxxx/
>>>
>>> Looks a bit (but I might be wrong there!) like he ran into similar
>>> problems as Philip, but was not aware of this thread.
>>
>> thx for the pointer. I'm applying it right now and let you know if
>> that changes the situation on my device. Might be the right direction.
>
> Seems I can confirm that the patch fixes the regression for me.

Thx for testing!

> I did
> batch test with reloading the module and no -110 errors anymore. We
> should add this patch also to 6.8+ kernels and backport if patches from
> that series should go to lower LTS kernels.

Well, ideally Kenny would add a stable tag to ensure backporting to
affected series, but that's up to Kenny.

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.

#regzbot fix: HID: i2c-hid: Revert to await reset ACK before reading
report descriptor
#regzbot monitor:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20240331182440.14477-1-kl@xxxxxx/