Re: Patch "wifi: wilc1000: revert reset line logic flip" has been added to the 6.1-stable tree

Hello,

On 3/22/24 19:17, Sasha Levin wrote:
> This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
>
>     wifi: wilc1000: revert reset line logic flip
>
> to the 6.1-stable tree which can be found at:
>     http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary
>
> The filename of the patch is:
>      wifi-wilc1000-revert-reset-line-logic-flip.patch
> and it can be found in the queue-6.1 subdirectory.
>
> If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
> please let <stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> know about it.

This patch is expected to introduce a breakage on platforms using a wrong device
tree description. After discussing this consequence with wireless and DT people
(see this patch RFC in [1]), it has been decided that this is tolerable. However,
despite the Fixes tag I have put in the patch, I am not sure it is OK to also
introduce this breakage for people just updating their stable kernels ? My
opinion here is that they should get this break only when updating to a new
kernel release, not stable, so I _would_ keep this patch out of stable trees
(currently applied to 6.1, 6.6, 6.7 and 6.8, if I have followed correctly).

Thanks,

Alexis

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20240213-wilc_1000_reset_line-v1-1-e01da2b23fed@xxxxxxxxxxx/