Re: dddd

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 07:27:23PM +0100, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2024 at 07:02:46PM -0400, Kent Overstreet wrote:

> > > I'll point out, again, that if you read the docs it clearly points out
> > > that pull requests aren't a way to submit patches into stable.
> >
> > Sasha, Greg and I already discussed and agreed that this would be the
> > plan for fs/bcachefs/.
>
> I agreed?  I said that I would turn a pull request into individual
> patches, but that it's extra work for me to do so so that it usually
> will end up at the end of my work queue.  I'll get to this when I get
> back from vacation and catch up with other stuff in a few weeks, thanks.

No, you never said anything about turning a pull request into individual
patches; that was something I found out after you repeatedly mangled my
pull requests.

But how the pull requests get applied is entirely beside the point right
now, because apparently you agreed to a process without making any
provisions for having that continue while you were on vacation?

So now we've got a user data eating bug out there, with a fix that's
been sent to you, and you guys are just sitting on your hands.

You guys need to get your shit together - I've already let people know
that 6.7 is not safe to use and they need to immediately upgrade to 6.8,
but unfortunately not everyone will see that.

This is going to cause people reall pain.